Posture: Fix Your Posture to Optimize Spine Health
Posture is so important for maintaining optimized health. Depending on age, poor posture can be a causal factor or aggravate the effects of spine issues like scoliosis and degeneration. Once it is compromised, it can result in a gradual degradation of health and a progression of existing musculoskeletal deformities.
Poor posture puts you at risk for the following issues:
- Disease and organ dysfunction as a result of nerve interference
- Organ compromise due to limited space and neural integrity, potentially resulting in disease
- Chronic pain, discomfort, tingling, and numbness throughout the body
- Degeneration of the body’s joints, particularly the spine
- Depression and anxiety due to reduced quality of life and mounting health issues
- Fatigue and fibromyalgia
- Disability related to any of the issues listed above
At Bay Area Scoliosis Center, we help treat and minimize the risk of all these issues with non-invasive, personalized, pain-free care that works.
Poor Posture: Our Lifestyle Habits are Making It an Epidemic
In this age of technology, you may have noticed an increase in the amount of time we spend slumped over computers, cell phones, and other electronic devices. Poor posture isn’t just an unsightly habit. Looking down or sitting wrong for more than 20 minutes can actually deform your posture long-term.
Unfortunately, symptoms like pain and discomfort are the last symptoms of disease. Some symptoms can take years to set in, making it feel like a low priority problem to address amidst our fast-paced lives. This leaves us milling around in our daily lives with our shoulders slumped, upper backs rounded, and heads forward.